Years of research have proven time and again that hands-on learning is more effective than simple textbook- or lecture-based environments. A study published in 1982 that analyzed 57 studies conducted over 15 years and covering 13,000 students, demonstrated that students in activity-based programs performed up to 20% higher than groups using traditional or textbook approaches (Bredderman 1982). Then, in 1999, the U.S. Dept. of Education revealed that students in classes with weekly hands-on activities, out-performed their peers by over 70% and over 40% of grade level math and science respectively.
Numbers such as those make it clear that hands-on learning is vital to the success of students in STEM fields. The question that remains is why pick MyStemKits and 3D-print your own manipulatives rather than using other products.
- Curriculum: Not an afterthought, our kits and curriculum are developed concurrently and are focused on the standards, so that they directly address exactly what you are required to teach. Visit our curriculum page to get an idea of the caliber of our lesson plans.
- Integrated: A lot of companies say “STEM” but they mean “math” or “science.” MyStemKits, however, focuses on integrating cross-curricular themes into our lesson plans to create more authentic and meaningful learning experiences. Our research-based lessons highlight real-world problems and promote deep conceptual understanding.
- One-of-a-Kind: 3D printing technology allows access to models otherwise too hard or too expensive to manufacture. See our section on Why Choose 3D Printing
- Flexible: A subscription grants you access to an ever-growing library of manipulatives so you can print exactly what you need when you need it without having to file for additional funding.
- Affordable: 3D printing can save users significantly over time.
- Modular: Many of our kits are designed to be multi-purpose and many of our parts are intentionally shared between kits to save you time and money.
- Support: We’ve striven to create a user-friendly website and are proud to provide top-notch customer support to make certain you’re more than pleased with our products.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
MyStemKits.com hosts the largest subscription library of 3D printable STEM kits. Our kits are backed with vetted, interdisciplinary curriculum written by teachers and content-area experts. We offer kits and curriculum that are produced collectively with the FCR-STEM team (based out of Florida State University) to ensure that our product exceeds customer expectations. Our kits are fully integrated with Robo 3D printers. We are also compatible with most 3D printers on the market. For a complete list of all supported printers, click here.
So you want access to the largest catalogue of 3D printable STEM kits designed for education? Follow me as I explain where to start and what to do. I will go over how to navigate the site, how to purchase a subscription, and answer some common questions.