Registering Your Dremel 3D40 Idea Builder Without Downloading Any Software
That’s right. If you own a Dremel 3D40 IdeaBuilder, you don’t have to download any software at all to use your printer with our website! This post goes over how to register your Dremel 3D40 Idea Builder 3D printer directly with MyStemKits.com so you won’t have to download any additional software.
The first thing you’ll need to do is make sure your 3D40’s firmware is up to date. You can find instructions on how to do that on the Downloads page of the Dremel 3D website or in the video at the bottom of this page. (Note, you will have to be registered for a Dremel account to access the firmware.) Once your firmware is up to date, it’s very simple. Check out the video below which walks you step-by-step through the process or follow the instructions below.
On your printer:
- Update your Dremel 3D40’s firmware. (see video below)
- Connect your Dremel 3D40 to the internet.
- Click on “Tools” from the Home Screen.
- Click “About.”
- Take note of the “Token” at the bottom of the screen.
On your computer or tablet:
- Log in to your MyStemKits account.
- Click “3D Print” on any piece or kit in our website.
- Scroll down to “Add a New Printer.” Where it says “Dremel Idea Builder,” click “Register.”
- Insert the Token found on the printer. Click “Add.”
- Your printer will now show up under “Select a Printer.”
That’s it! You’re ready to use our website without downloading any software!
Here’s a video about updating your Dremel 3D40’s firmware: